March 23, 2010

Dog Tech...Savvy (sa-vee)?

Technology has gone to the dogs for real!

Cut off from civilization last night(phone battery died, charger cord frayed), I had a moment to consider all the things we do in the name of our beloved pooches!

Sancho has a Twitter account to which I post comments and occasionally add pictures or video uploaded from twitpic, flickr and vidly (formerly twitvid). Apparently I could hook him up to PetFeed to comment/follow/post as well.

His twitter feed is linked to his Dogbook profile which is tied into my facebook profile. Sancho has found his voice, and is on the verge of requiring his very own Facebook profile, for privacy etc. BOL!

I am able to do most of this in quick blurts from my pc at work, but will jump on my Blackberry in the evening after we've had dinner and done our walk, just to see what his anipals are up to.

I've noticed many of his anipals are updating their twitter feeds from their persons iphone using mobile variations of twitter like tweetdeck, ubertwitter, hootesuite, twitterrific, socialOomph etc. For the over achievers, there's the dog blogs on Blogspot and Wordpress and others which can also be created edited and viewed from netbooks, ibooks, iphone, android and blackberry.

In the interest of streamlining and keeping everything simple, easy and fun loving, the next step is clearly the ipad! Considering all the things we're doing to keep our pooches profiles social, and in the mix, its the least we can do!

I sure hope Sancho appreciates all this technology! BOL :0)>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers